- What does flame war mean?
- What does flaming or to flame mean in the online world?
- What are some ways that you have prevented potential flame wars?
- What are examples of flaming?
- What are the three types of flames?
- How do I stop flaming or spamming?
- What does flame me mean?
- What is computer flame war?
- What does flame bait mean?
- What is computer ethic?
- What are the main computer ethics issues?
- Who formed the 10 rules of computer ethics?
- What is the 1st commandment in the Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics?
- Why is there a need to study ethics?
- What is the difference between laws and ethics?
- Can laws be unethical?
- What is an unethical law?
- Can you sue a company for being unethical?
- Can you sue someone for being unethical?
- Can I sue someone for spreading lies about me?
- How much can you get for defamation of character?
What does flame war mean?
A flame war results when multiple users engage in provocative responses to an original post, which is sometimes flamebait. Flame wars often draw in many users including those trying to defuse the flame war, and can quickly turn into a mass flame war that overshadows regular forum discussion.
What does flaming or to flame mean in the online world?
Flaming is the act of posting or sending offensive messages over the Internet. These messages, called “flames,” may be posted within online discussion forums or newsgroups, or sent via e-mail or instant messaging programs. Flaming often leads to the trading of insults between members within a certain forum.
What are some ways that you have prevented potential flame wars?
How to avoid the flame wars
- Watch where you go. Advertisement.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Advertisement.
- Make a special effort to understand others’ points ofview.
- Be a helpful contributor.
- When wrong, apologize.
- Meet your Internet pen pals when feasible.
- Cultivate a sense of humor.
What are examples of flaming?
Examples of Flaming
- Trump accuses Pope Francis of being ‘disgraceful’ in this flaming response to the Pope’s comments on his immigration recommendations.
- Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton engage in an online flame war using Twitter.
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump trade jabs in an online flame battle.
What are the three types of flames?
There are three types of flames natural flame, carburizing flame and oxidizing flame.
How do I stop flaming or spamming?
- Respond politely to all comments.
- Make sure that you are correct in your perception of the situation.
- Respond calmly.
- Use logic to arrive at your position.
- State your case thoroughly and succinctly.
- Send your message to the flamer and be done with it.
- Be careful about any responses you may get.
What does flame me mean?
To insult someone harshly, usually over the internet (because that term is only used on the internet)
What is computer flame war?
Computer Slang. a series of angry, critical, or disparaging comments exchanged by two or more people in an ongoing online argument.
What does flame bait mean?
On the Internet, flamebait is a “posting” or note on a Web site discussion forum, an online bulletin board, a Usenet newsgroup, or other public forum that is intended to elicit the extremely strong responses characteristic of flaming and active public discussions.
What is computer ethic?
Computer ethics is a part of practical philosophy concerned with how computing professionals should make decisions regarding professional and social conduct. Any informal code of ethical conduct that exists in the work place. Exposure to formal codes of ethics.
What are the main computer ethics issues?
To begin with, it seems that there are four big areas of computer ethics. They are “(1) computer crime; (2) responsibility for computer failure; (3) protection of computer property, records, and software; and (4) privacy of the company, workers, and customers”.
Who formed the 10 rules of computer ethics?
What is the 1st commandment in the Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics?
When reading Wikipedia’s 1992 Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics you can easily substitute “Internet” for “computer” and it’s amazing what you see…., for example the 1st Commandment “You shall not use the Internet to harm other people.” Here are all Ten Commandments of Internet Ethics (with my minor edits):
Why is there a need to study ethics?
The study of ethics helps a person to look at his own life critically and to evaluate his actions/choices/decisions.It assists a person in knowing what he/she really is and what is best for him/her and what he/she has to do in order to attain it. study of moral philosophy can help us to think better about morality.
What is the difference between laws and ethics?
Ethics are a set of moral values an individual establishes for one’s self and your own personal behavior. Laws are structured rules utilized to govern all of society. Not only do retail companies have an obligation to act ethically but so do the professional individuals working there.
Can laws be unethical?
Laws are codifications of certain ethical values meant to help regulate society, and also impact decision-making. Many acts that would be widely condemned as unethical are not prohibited by law — lying or betraying the confidence of a friend, for example.
What is an unethical law?
Unethical means not conforming to social or professional conduct, or not adhering to moral norms. For example, an employment agreement may state that the employer has the right to terminate an employee’s employment for unethical behavior, theft, embezzlement or immoral behavior.
Can you sue a company for being unethical?
Employees have the right to sue employers that are causing them to violate state and federal laws. Engaging in unlawful behavior will not only leave your employer liable but can leave you liable as well. You can sue your employer if you are being pressured to make false and misleading statements.
Can you sue someone for being unethical?
California specifically has a law that prohibits unfair business practices. Further under this law, even without a client, any can lawyer sue a business for an alleged unfair business practice even if it has been investigated or remedied by the district attorney or a regulatory agency.
Can I sue someone for spreading lies about me?
Yes, you can file suit against someone spreading lies about you. Often times, it’s easy for a local attorney to send a letter to the individual, demanding that they cease spreading the rumors.
How much can you get for defamation of character?
A judge or jury can award a victorious defamation plaintiff millions for really bad cases, or $1 in compensatory damages if they find that the injury was nominal. However, usually, nominal damages will not be awarded unless the plaintiff’s case is incredibly petty, or punitive damages can also be awarded.