- What do you need on a science board?
- What are good science project ideas?
- How much do astronauts get paid?
- Who is the richest astronaut?
- How long will they stay in space?
- How many days on Earth is a year in space?
- How much is a astronaut space suit?
- Are astronauts catheterized?
- Why do astronauts pass out during take off?
- Who got pregnant in space?
- Can you make vodka in space?
- What happens if u drink alcohol in space?
- Do you get drunk faster on a plane?
- Is there a giant cloud of alcohol in space?
What do you need on a science board?
Include each step of your science fair project: Abstract, question, hypothesis, variables, background research, and so on.
- Use a font size of at least 16 points for the text on your display board, so that it is easy to read from a few feet away.
- The title should be big and easily read from across the room.
What are good science project ideas?
Science Fair Ideas
- Does music affect on animal behavior?
- Does the color of food or drinks affect whether or not we like them?
- Where are the most germs in your school? (CLICK for more info.)
- Does music have an affect on plant growth?
- Which kind of food do dogs (or any animal) prefer best?
How much do astronauts get paid?
Civilian astronaut salaries GS-11 astronauts average starting salary: $66,026 per year. GS-14 astronauts can earn up to $144,566 per year.
Who is the richest astronaut?
Michael Richard Uram “Rich” Clifford (born October 13, 1952), is a former United States Army officer and NASA astronaut….
|Michael R. Clifford|
|Rank||Lieutenant colonel, USA|
|Time in space||27d 18h 24m|
How long will they stay in space?
A: The ISS missions, called expeditions, usually last about six months. There are three to six crewmembers on board at all times. Professional astronaut crews come from the U.S., Russia, Japan, Canada and Europe. NASA astronaut Mike Lopez-Alegria has flown the longest U.S. space station mission to date, at 215 days.
How many days on Earth is a year in space?
How much is a astronaut space suit?
NASA’s current fleet of spacesuits were built in 1974, and were reported to cost between $15 million and $22 million. Today, that would be worth about $150 million.
Are astronauts catheterized?
It is worn by both male and female astronauts. Astronauts can urinate into the MAG, and usually wait to defecate when they return to the spacecraft. However, the MAG is rarely used for this purpose, since the astronauts use the facilities of the station before EVA and also time the consumption of the in-suit water.
Why do astronauts pass out during take off?
Orthostatic hypotension occurs when the blood rushes to the feet and away from the brain as someone stands up after sitting or lying down. This causes a temporary drop in blood pressure, which can lead to dizziness or fainting.
Who got pregnant in space?
And that was how Anna Fisher became the world’s first mother to go to space. A few weeks after being chosen for a flight, Fisher gave birth to a daughter, Kristin. She will soon mark the 35th anniversary of her flight, the day she became an inspirational figure to working moms everywhere — including to her daughter.
Can you make vodka in space?
Distilling is just one way to make liquor. “If you’re willing to think outside the box, you can make spirits with no distillation at all,” says Berglund. By box, he means spaceship. Remember when Ripley opens the cargo bay doors in Aliens and relies on the vacuum of space to suck the queen into inky, eternal night?
What happens if u drink alcohol in space?
“Alcohol is not permitted onboard the International Space Station for consumption,” says Daniel G Huot, spokesperson for Nasa’s Johnson Space Center. “Use of alcohol and other volatile compounds are controlled on ISS due to impacts their compounds can have on the station’s water recovery system.”
Do you get drunk faster on a plane?
Contrary to popular belief, there’s no evidence that drinking at higher altitudes — particularly planes — gets you drunk faster. However, there are a few factors that can leave you feeling worse after drinking an alcoholic beverage on a plane.
Is there a giant cloud of alcohol in space?
Yes, there is a giant cloud of alcohol in outer space. It’s in a region known as W3(OH), only about 6500 light years away. Unfortunately it is methyl alcohol (commonly known as wood alcohol, though this stuff is not derived from wood), so it isn’t suitable for drinking.