- What are some examples of conundrum?
- What is a conundrum in a sentence?
- What does it mean when someone is a conundrum?
- What is the difference between a conundrum and enigma?
- How do you use Enigma in a sentence?
- What is Enigma example?
- What are some enigmas?
- How do you use incorrigible in a sentence?
- What does you’re incorrigible mean?
- What is an incorrigible flirt?
- What does permanently incorrigible mean?
- Does incorrigible mean incurable?
- What is incurable disease?
- What is an incurable disease called?
- What is a sentence for incurable?
- What are the 6 killer diseases?
- What are the 7 most common chronic disease?
- What’s the worst chronic disease?
- What is the most costly disease?
- What is the most expensive surgery?
- What disease is the hardest cure?
- What are the top 10 chronic disease?
- What is chronic disease example?
- What are examples of comorbidities?
- What are the 8 chronic diseases?
What are some examples of conundrum?
1a : an intricate and difficult problem He is faced with the conundrum of trying to find a job without having experience. 2 : a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun (as in “Why didn’t the lost hikers starve in the desert? Because of the sand which is there.”)
What is a conundrum in a sentence?
1) One conundrum after the other, she waded through every volley that life threw at her. 2) The conundrum raised by one of our junior colleagues left everyone perplexed, even our boss who had so many years of experience.
What does it mean when someone is a conundrum?
See word origin. Frequency: The definition of conundrum is a situation where there is no clear right answer or no good solution. An example of a conundrum is a challenging riddle to which you can’t figure out the answer.
What is the difference between a conundrum and enigma?
A conundrum is like a puzzle, or a riddle, or a problem ~ which needs to be solved, or is at least solvable. An enigma, however, is more of a mystery or mysterious phenomenon, which may or may not be solvable.
How do you use Enigma in a sentence?
- My past is such an enigma ; I don’t know any of the details.
- It was the most perplexing enigma in astronomy.
- Some clue to this enigma might be found by asking a lot of questions.
- Man is a hopeless enigma to himself, until he sees himself in the light of being a human with human failings.
What is Enigma example?
Traveling to English from Greek by means of the Latin word for “riddle,” enigma refers to something or someone that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to figure out. Many things have been named Enigma, including a rock band, a video game, a rollercoaster ride, and a very famous coding machine used in World War II.
What are some enigmas?
10 More Enigmas That Defy Explanation
- Ice Woman.
- Iron Pillar of Delhi.
- Carroll A. Deering.
- Hutchison Effect.
- Faces Of Belmez.
- Disappearing Lake.
- Raining Blobs.
- The Black Helicopter.
How do you use incorrigible in a sentence?
Incorrigible in a Sentence 🔉
- Because my daughter’s behavior is incorrigible, she might be grounded for at least a year.
- Even after spending a year in jail, the young man remains incorrigible and unafraid of the law.
- Jake’s teachers described him as an incorrigible young man who was always getting into trouble.
What does you’re incorrigible mean?
: incapable of being corrected or amended: such as. a(1) : not reformable : depraved. (2) : delinquent. b : not manageable : unruly.
What is an incorrigible flirt?
When we describe someone as an incorrigible flirt or as an incorrigible gossip, we mean that this is just the way they are, and it would be foolish to try and change them. If someone is just being obnoxious as usual, you could say “You’re incorrigible!”
What does permanently incorrigible mean?
impervious to constraints or punishment; willful; unruly; uncontrollable: an incorrigible child; incorrigible hair. firmly fixed; not easily changed: an incorrigible habit.
Does incorrigible mean incurable?
SYNONYMS FOR incurable 2 unflagging, incorrigible, relentless.
What is incurable disease?
Incurable: Not amenable to a cure. Incapable of being cured, healed and made well again. From the word cure, from the Latin cura meaning care, concern or attention.
What is an incurable disease called?
An advanced, progressive or terminal illness is an incurable, life-limiting condition that is likely to cause a person of any age to die within days, weeks, months or sometimes more than a year.
What is a sentence for incurable?
1. She has a rare, incurable disease. 2. He is suffering from an incurable skin disease.
What are the 6 killer diseases?
These six are the target diseases of WHO’s Expanded Programme on Immuni- zation (EPI), and of UNICEF’s Univer- sal Childhood Immunization (UCI); measles, poliomyelitis, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus and tuberculosis.
What are the 7 most common chronic disease?
The Top 7 Most Common Chronic Diseases in the U.S
- Heart Disease.
- Chronic Lung Disease.
- Kidney Disease.
What’s the worst chronic disease?
Read on to see the top 10 diseases causing the most deaths worldwide, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) .
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Trachea, bronchus, and lung cancers.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Dehydration due to diarrheal diseases.
What is the most costly disease?
According to the CDC, heart disease and stroke remain the most expensive chronic diseases for the healthcare system. It causes a third of all deaths in America on a yearly basis and costs the healthcare system $199 billion.
What is the most expensive surgery?
- Intestine Transplant.
- Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant. Cost: $1,071,7002
- Single Lung Transplant. Cost: $929,6002
- Liver Transplant. Cost: $878,4002
- Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant. Cost: $471,6002
- Kidney Transplant. Cost: $442,5002
- Pancreas Transplant. Cost: $408,8002
- Cornea Transplant. Cost: $32,5002
What disease is the hardest cure?
Drug-resistant tuberculosis is not only airborne and lethal; it’s one of the most difficult diseases in the world to cure.
What are the top 10 chronic disease?
The top 10 most expensive chronic diseases for healthcare payers eat up significant healthcare dollars.
- Alcohol-related health issues.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
What is chronic disease example?
Common chronic diseases include arthritis, asthma, cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, Lyme disease, autoimmune diseases, genetic disorders and some viral diseases such as hepatitis C and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
What are examples of comorbidities?
Examples include diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure (hypertension), psychiatric disorders, or substance abuse. Comorbidities tend to increase a person’s need for health care and the cost of care while decreasing the person’s ability to function in the world. However, they can be more or less severe.
What are the 8 chronic diseases?
The 8 conditions are arthritis, asthma, back pain, cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, and mental health conditions.