Is well an adjective or adverb?
The rule of thumb is that good is an adjective and well is an adverb. Good modifies a noun; something can be or seem good. Well modifies a verb; an action can be done well. However, when you’re talking about health, well can be used as an adjective.
Is well an interjection?
That’s because, in this context, “well” is an interjection, a word that expresses emotion. Depending on how it is enunciated, “well” could indicate impatience, surprise, nervousness, and a variety of other emotions.
Is well a conjunction?
As well as is a conjunction that means in addition. A conjunction is a part of speech that is used to connect words, phrases, and clauses to each other. Even in textbooks, mistakes are made when using this phrase. Let’s examine the proper and improper use of ‘as well as.
How do you use finally in a sentence?
Finally sentence example
- Finally he glanced up and met her questioning gaze.
- I finally left Walden September 6th, 1847.
- Finally he pulled away.
- That sounds like her fever finally broke.
- Finally Carmen picked up Destiny and stood.
- “What are you doing,” he finally asked.
How do you use secondly in a sentence?
- The problems are twofold – firstly, economic, and secondly, political.
- To start with, we haven’t enough money, and secondly we haven’t enough time.
- Firstly, it’s expensive, and secondly, it’s too slow.
- First, it’s too expensive; and secondly, it’s very ugly.
- first it is cheaper and secondly it is quicker.
What can I write instead of firstly secondly?
Just say: “First, …, Second, …, Third, …,” and so on. Or … (1) (2) (3) …, and so on. 2.
Do we say first foremost?
You use first and foremost to emphasize the most important quality of something or someone. It is first and foremost a trade agreement. I see myself, first and foremost, as a working artist.
Are first and foremost?
Also, first of all. Most important, primarily; also, to begin with. For example, First and foremost, I want to thank our sponsors, or What we need, first and foremost, is a new secretary, or We have to deal, first of all, with the early history.
How do you use foremost in a sentence?
Foremost in a Sentence 🔉
- Since Frank is one of the most foremost doctors in his field, it’s not surprising he’s on the president’s personal medical staff.
- Balancing the budget was foremost on the new governor’s agenda.
- Although the teenager wanted to study for her exams, a recent breakup was foremost on her mind.