- How do you say common phrases in Russian?
- What is пожалуйста?
- How do you ask someone if they speak Russian?
- What does Het mean in slang?
- What food is Russia known for?
- Is Russian food spicy?
- What do you drink in Russia?
- Why is Russian food so bad?
- What do Russians do for fun?
- What is the most famous Italian dish?
How do you say common phrases in Russian?
Essential Russian Phrases
- Yes – Да (da)
- No – Нет (nyet)
- Please – Пожалуйста (poZHAlusta)
- Thank you – Спасибо (spaSIbo)
- You’re welcome. – Не за что. ( ne za chto)
- Enjoy (often used instead of “you’re welcome” for food) – на здоровье (na zdaROVye)
- I’m sorry. – Прошу прощения. (
- Excuse me. – Извините. (
What is пожалуйста?
you’re welcome, not at all, don’t mention it, it’s a pleasure (reply to thank you)
How do you ask someone if they speak Russian?
So if you’re asking your friend, “Do you speak Russian?” you’d say it this way: Ты говоришь по-русски? But if asking your bossm “Do you speak Russian?” you’d say it this way: Вы говорите по-русски?
What does Het mean in slang?
What food is Russia known for?
9 traditional Russian dishes you must try
- Blini (Russian pancakes) Russian cuisine was heavily influenced by religious traditions.
- Pelmeni. It is impossible to imagine modern Russian cuisine without such a traditional dish as pelmeni, or dumplings.
- Beef Stroganoff.
- Kasha (Porridge)
Is Russian food spicy?
Since most Russians do not like spicy food, most ethnic restaurants in Moscow go light on spices or the waiter will ask you, how spicy you want your dishes to be. I usually opt for spicy, since I like spicy food, but it will still never be too hot.
What do you drink in Russia?
At business meals, wine or even vodka is common at lunch or dinner. If you’re feeling adventurous, try kvas, a thirst-quenching beverage made from fermented bread. Available only in summer, it’s very mildly alcoholic, and Russians consider it something between a Coke and a beer.
Why is Russian food so bad?
The main reason that Russian food is perceived as terrible is because there is a huge gap between the quality of food prepared in most Russian restaurants and in Russian homes. Homemade Russian food is so much better that it is basically incomparable to food made and served in a restaurant.
What do Russians do for fun?
Usually Russians go to their dachas with families and friends to make BBQ, walk in the surrounding forests, swim, and fish (if there is a place available), pick up mushrooms and berries. Near the fire people often have philosophic and heart-to-heart talks about life – and this is very romantic.
What is the most famous Italian dish?
We’ve listed out the best 5!
- Pizza Napoletana. Italian cooking’s very essence can be summed up on how they make pizza.
- Lasagna. Lasagne in Italian, this classic pasta recipe is on everyone’s list of comfort food.
- Gelato. Even though ice cream didn’t originate in Italy, Italians managed to perfect it.