- Can you embark on an endeavor?
- How do you use Endeavor in a sentence?
- How do you use the word embark in a sentence?
- What type of word is embarked?
- What does documenting mean?
- Which word has the opposite meaning of the word exquisite?
- Is English based on Latin or German?
- How do you know if a word is Latin or Greek?
- What is the Latin root meaning of light?
- What is the Latin root meaning of Somnambulate?
- What is the meaning of the Greek root tele?
- What does hauteur mean?
- What does hauteur mean in The Great Gatsby?
- How does Myrtle act when she is with Tom?
- How does Nick see himself at the apartment?
- What lie does Myrtle’s sister reveal about Daisy?
Can you embark on an endeavor?
Endeavor verb – To devote serious and sustained effort. In some cases you can use “Embark on” instead a verb “Endeavor”. …
How do you use Endeavor in a sentence?
- I will endeavour to arrange it.
- We must constantly endeavour if we are to succeed.
- Please make every endeavour to arrive punctually.
- We will make every endeavour to obtain sufficient supplies.
- Governments should endeavour to mitigate distress.
- We must always endeavour to improve our work.
How do you use the word embark in a sentence?
Embark in a Sentence 🔉
- Tomorrow Grant will start college and embark upon a new phase in his life.
- An avid traveler, Heather will embark on another cruise next week.
- Lawrence has plans to embark on a new career as a journalist.
What type of word is embarked?
verb (used with object) to put or receive on board a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle. to involve (someone) in an enterprise. to venture or invest (something) in an enterprise.
What does documenting mean?
1. a. A written or printed paper that bears the original, official, or legal form of something and can be used to furnish decisive evidence or information. b. Something, such as a recording or a photograph, that can be used to furnish evidence or information.
Which word has the opposite meaning of the word exquisite?
exquisite. Antonyms: common, coarse, ordinary. Synonyms: choice, rare, refined, delicate, perfect, matchless, intense, consummate, delicious.
Is English based on Latin or German?
English has its roots in the Germanic languages, from which German and Dutch also developed, as well as having many influences from romance languages such as French. (Romance languages are so called because they are derived from Latin which was the language spoken in ancient Rome.)
How do you know if a word is Latin or Greek?
Here are some basic differences: Singular Neutral endings: Greek -on, Latin -um. (But both have plurals ending with -a.) Singular Male endings: Greek -os, Latin -us.
What is the Latin root meaning of light?
What is the Latin root meaning of Somnambulate?
What is the meaning of the Greek root tele?
Tell students that the Greek root tele means “distant or far away.” Then print the following mathematical sentence on the board and read it aloud: tele + phone = telephone. Say:The other Greek root in telephone is phone; it means “sound.”
What does hauteur mean?
: arrogance, haughtiness. Synonyms & Antonyms Example Sentences Learn More About hauteur.
What does hauteur mean in The Great Gatsby?
hauteur. overbearing pride with a superior manner toward inferiors. The intense vitality that had been so remarkable in the garage was converted into impressive hauteur. mincing.
How does Myrtle act when she is with Tom?
Myrtle attempts to escape her social position by becoming a mistress to the wealthy Tom Buchanan, who buys her gifts (including a puppy) and rents her an apartment in Manhattan, where Myrtle play-acts an upper-class lifestyle, dressing up, throwing parties, expressing disgust for servants.
How does Nick see himself at the apartment?
Nick is quite drunk as he, Tom, Myrtle, and the others sit in the apartment and drink. He feels as if everything going on in the apartment can be seen by strangers on the street, and that he is one of those strangers, so that he while he is a participant in this scene, he is also an observer of this.
What lie does Myrtle’s sister reveal about Daisy?
Catherine, Myrtle’s sister, tells Nick that Tom can’t divorce Daisy and marry Myrtle, because Daisy is Catholic, and Catholic’s are not allowed to divorce.