- Are plant and animal cells complex?
- Are plant cells and animal cells prokaryotic?
- Are plant and animal cells unicellular?
- What characteristics are common to all plants?
- What is the most difficult part in vegetable gardening?
- Which is the easiest vegetable to grow?
- Which crop is the hardest to grow?
- What is the easiest crop to grow?
Are plant and animal cells complex?
While both animal and plant cells have microtubule organizing centers (MTOCs), animal cells also have centrioles associated with the MTOC: a complex called the centrosome. Plant cells have a cell wall, chloroplasts and other specialized plastids, and a large central vacuole, whereas animal cells do not.
Are plant cells and animal cells prokaryotic?
All cells fall into one of these two broad categories. Only the single-celled organisms of the domains Bacteria and Archaea are classified as prokaryotes—pro means before and kary means nucleus. Animals, plants, fungi, and protists are all eukaryotes—eu means true—and are made up of eukaryotic cells.
Are plant and animal cells unicellular?
Both plant and animal cells are eukaryotic. Prokaryotes are unicellular organisms, but it is worth noting unicellular eukaryotes also exist (Protozoa). Eukaryotic cells contain membrane-bound organelles (such as the nucleus) while prokaryotic cells do not. Plant cells have a cell wall while animal cells do not.
What characteristics are common to all plants?
Plants are multicellular eukaryotes. Their cells contain a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles, including the chloroplasts, where photosynthesis takes place. Plant cells have cell walls made of cellulose, a carbohydrate. Plants are not motile.
What is the most difficult part in vegetable gardening?
The Hardest Crops to Grow
- Broccoli– this crop can often be hard to get large broccoli heads from.
- Cool season crops in hot springs– This isn’t a crop so much as a crop category.
- Eggplant– Many of the fruiting crops require more time and heat in the garden, as well as balance of the right soil nutrients.
Which is the easiest vegetable to grow?
Top 10 easy to grow vegetables, fruit & salad seeds and plants for beginners
- Salad Leaves. Crunchy fresh leaves with a fantastic range of textures and flavours.
- Radishes. Spice up your salads with crunchy, peppery radishes.
- Spring onions.
- Broad Beans.
- Runner Beans.
- Onions and Garlic.
Which crop is the hardest to grow?
What is the easiest crop to grow?
Minor crops that are also easy to grow from seed include salsify, upland cress, arugula, malabar spinach, luffa gourds, anise-hyssop, and basil. Lettuce can be sown directly in your garden bed, or started indoors for transplanting.